On May 14, 2019 The Dancanto Prize will be awarded a highly talented classical voice student in support of her or his vocal and musical education. The prize of €12.000,- will be paid over the course of a year in 12 monthly installments, each consisting of €1000,-.
Classical voice students of any nationality, who is 18 years old and have not yet passed their 24th birthday on May 14, 2019.
The application must be uploaded to dancanto.org between February 1st, 2019 and February 28th, 2019 (both days inclusive).
The application must include:
- the completed Dancanto application form
- a letter of motivation
- your CV
- a onetake video (for details, please see “Specifications”)
- a list of song titles in order of presentation on the video, including composers’ and text authors’ names.
- a copy of a valid personal Photo ID
- documentation of vocal education/training (for example, immatriculation or diploma)
The video recording:
- must be in an mp4 format or equivalent quality;
- may not exceed 30 minutes;
- must include 6 vocal pieces and each selection must be a onetake recording, meaning no interruption or editing;
- the 6 pieces must include oratorio, art song and opera selections;
- must include at least one piece by the Danish composer Carl August Nielsen;
- and must include at least one original vocal text by the Danish author Hans Christian Andersen.
- The order and a specification of all titles, composers’ and text authors’ names may be part of the recording or submitted in a separate document
Letter of motivation:
Please present your qualifications and your motivation for applying for the prize. Describe what your motivation is for becoming a singer and how you want to use the prize money in pursuit of your professional goals.
- may be up to 4.800 keystrokes – including spaces;
- may be written in Danish (alternatively Swedish or Norwegian), English or German;
- should focus on music and singing as its central theme;
- must explain what you want to do with the prize money;
- and must explain why you want to become a professional singer.